- Reviews (0)
A revision book intended primarily for candidates sitting their MRCP Part 1 examination and which covers all the essential basic sciences. It focuses on the recurring themes which come up in the questions. The book also includes a chapter on clinical pharmacology (which alone accounts for up to 30% of the questions), looking at aspects of drug-induced disease and drug interactions. Finally there is a chapter on statistics and epidemiology which is rarely covered in other texts, but is often included in the exam.
Despite the changes to the teaching of the undergraduate in medicine and the integration of the basic sciences with clinical education, the junior doctor, faced with postgraduate examinations, is always going to be poorly prepared for those increasingly important subjects. This book presents the essential information in the form of lists, tables, diagrams and flow charts.
- Helps MRCP Part 1 candidates prepare for and pass their exam.
- Addresses an increasingly important topic in the exam.
- Addresses a topic that is vital to passing the exam, but which most candidates are poorly prepared for.
- Covers all the relevant basic science subjects plus includes clinical pharmacology.
- Is of use to candidates studying for other postgraduate exams such as PLAB, USMLE and MRCPCH.
- Is the first book of its kind in the membership market and is now regarded as essential for exam preparation.